As a rider, you learn to adapt to the obstacles in your path—be it pouring rain, intense heat, or anything in between. Your gear ought to do the same. SHIMANO’s Dynamic Layering System makes sure you’re ready to adapt to a constantly changing in-saddle experience.
Research has indicated that 37°C is the optimal core body temperature for riders to deliver power and remain comfortable. But riders find themselves in an incredibly wide variety of conditions and these often change suddenly and with no notice. A single day’s ride can take riders through a myriad of temperatures and weather elements. Regulating rider body temperature across these changing weather conditions and varying intensity levels is uniquely challenging. 37°C is designed as a year-around system to help optimize rider comfort, efficiency and performance.
Control body temperature by utilizing aerodynamics to pull overheated air from the body surface.
Shield the cyclist from wind chill with wind blocking technologies that conform to the riding position.
Retain heat in critical areas to maintain core body temperature for sustained performance.
Regulate body temperature with the use of strategicallyplaced, rider-controlled zippers and vents.
Guard the rider from the chilling effects of spray, mist, rain, and snow.
Utilize innovation to create multiple layers, each working in harmony to maintain rider comfort.
OBJECTIVES OF MAINTAINING 37ºC ACROSS CONDITIONS
RIDE INTENSITY IS A CONSTANT VARIABLE
- HIGH INTENSITY RIDINGHeat build up from high intensity riding requires riders to dissipate excess heat
- LOW INTENSITY RIDINGLower intensity riding requires the rider to select comfortable, breathable items
- MEDIUM INTENSITY RIDINGApparel should be breathable and allow for active and passive ventilation of excess heat and protection from wind chill moisture
Weather is unpredictable, but how you prepare doesn’t have to be. With the right combination of layers, you can embark on your riding journey without leaving comfort behind. Our Dynamic Layering System combines extensive knowledge of the rider’s experience and how it varies in different environments. With our complete full-season range of products, there are outfit combos for every type of ride and rider.
PEAK PERFORMANCE & PROTECTION
Dynamic Layering gives you more control over the conditions and more opportunities to enjoy your ride. Our System Engineering philosophy guides our apparel design so that every piece works for riders across all weather conditions, intensity levels, and each of the body’s five zones.
- ・An apparel system to help cyclists be comfortable and efficient.
- ・Apparel engineered with technologies to adapt to the temperature and condition fluctuations of riding.
- ・Apparel utilizing fabrics, construction, and features that accommodate changes in riding intensity.
- ・Apparel which can pack and unpack at a moment’s notice for the unexpected.
- ・Apparel System Engineered for the unique physiological requirements cycling demands of each zone of the human body.
|THE 5 BODY ZONES|
|COMPLETE LAYERING SOLUTIONS||
|HEAD: COMMAND CENTER|
|TORSO: POWER GENERATION|
|HANDS: CONTROL CENTER|
|LOWER BODY: DRIVE|
|FEET: POWER TRANSFER|