Shimano introduces totally redesigned SLX M7000 mountain components
Versatile for wide range of performance mountain bikers; Support for wider-wheeled bikes
OSAKA (April 15, 2016) – Shimano’s new 2017 SLX M7000 mountain bike components mark the company’s most versatile performance off-road component group for mountain bikers everywhere. Shimano’s Rider Tuned philosophy is on display with SLX M7000, as the group offers a broad spectrum of drivetrain range options, and supports the latest trail and recreational bikes with bigger tires, wider hub flange spacing or both. New Shimano SLX M7000 has been redesigned from the ground up to perform in any trail situation.
Wide-range mountain drivetrain
New Shimano SLX M7000 components are highlighted by the 11-speed DYNA-SYS11 drivetrain. SLX M7000 components offer 1x11, 2x11, and 3x10 crank options to satisfy any type of off road pursuit – from enduro racing to riding fire roads. New 1x11 and 2x11 SLX M7000 drivetrains expand range while maintaining even better rhythm when paired with a range of new mountain bike cassettes ranging from 11-40T to 11-46T.
The new CS-M7000-11 11-speed HYPERGLIDE cassette utilizes lighter aluminium spider construction, aluminium and steel cogs and is available in two options: 11-42T and 11-40T.
SLX FC-M7000 cranks now share premium technologies found in new XTR M9000 and DEORE XT M8000 groups, including Dynamic Chain Engagement (DCE) 1x11 tooth profile and 3D composite chain rings. The DCE profile runs faster yet increases chain retention force by 150 percent. Stainless steel chain ring teeth provide long life and lasting chain retention. SLX M7000 1x11 and 2x11 cranks are available with optional +3mm wider spindles for 148 OLD hubs. A new, lighter bottom bracket improves durability, has reduced seal drag and is available in press-fit or threaded options.
- Premium SLX chainring 3D composite construction
- Long wearing and great shifting
- 3D composite construction (outer or middle ring)
- DCE chain retention 1x11
- Offered in 30T, 32T, and 34T
- Optional +3mm width for wider frames
- Compatible with 11-40/11-42/11-46 cassettes
- DYNA-SYS11 True Trail 2x11
- Optimized gear combination to improve shifting quality and driving efficiency
- Offered in 34-24T, 36-26T, 38-28T
- Optional +3mm width for wider frames
- Compatible with 11-40/11-42 cassettes
- Available 3x10 for the lowest gearing in 40-30-22T
Both the front and rear SLX M7000 series derailleurs were totally redesigned and incorporate premium features from XTR and DEORE XT. The SLX RD-M7000 rear derailleur features Shimano Shadow RD+ technology and a refined geometry for increased stability. SLX series Shimano Shadow RD+ derailleurs use adjustable stabilizers for either maximum stability or lower shift effort. Both new derailleurs are direct mount compatible.
- New Shadow design with optimized, shallow slant angle, low profile design
- 20% reduced shift effort
- Chain stability improved
- Improved driving and shifting stability
- Adjustable clutch tension
- High efficiency pulleys
- 1x11 and 2x11 compatible
SLX FD-M7000 Side Swing front derailleurs bring a drastic reduction in shift effort while also increasing tire clearance.
- FD-M7020-11 2x11 and FD-M7000-10 3x10 options
- Light, crisp shift action and increased shifting power
- Integrated cable stop
- Increased tire clearance allows for shorter chainstays; designed with long-travel bikes in mind
- New structure with current mounting options and new cable routing
- High clamp, Low clamp, D-type, E-type (without plate)
SLX SL-M7000 shifters are lower profile and feature improved ergonomics and longer levers that decrease shift effort. Available in two I-spec options or band clamp mounting these new shifters set up easy and stay in adjustment longer.
- Shift effort reduced with low-friction OPTISLICK cable
- 20% reduced in SL-M7000-11
- 14% reduced in SL-M7000-10
- Improved vivid index mechanism
- New ergonomics
- 2-WAY release
Lighter and more durable brake levers // confidence inspiring disc brakes, trail rated for power and available with metal pads or resin and the ease of CENTER LOCK rotor mounting or optional 6-bolt rotors.
With SLX M7000 hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano upgraded the system with a new, integrated master cylinder that gives a sleeker look, saves weight and frees up valuable handlebar space. New SLX grade SM-RT70 CENTER LOCK disc rotors debut that improve heat dissipation through refined shaping and an alloy adapter.
- Trail rated for power
- Servo Wave levers create high power and short stroke
- Refined Servo Wave for improved feel and feedback
- Narrow clamp band
- I-spec II, I-spec-B options
- Tool-free reach adjust
- SM-RT70 disc rotors available in 160, 180 and 203mm sizes