SHIMANO's next generation 10-speed MTB drivetrain
SHIMANO presents the drivetrain technology for mountain bikes Dyna-Sys. This revolutionary technology uses a 10-speed cassette but that is not the only feature of this new system. Highlight is a completely redesigned drivetrain that creates real added benefits for the rider.
• It's not only an extra gear...
• It's about closer gear ratios for a smoother shifting performance and improved power transfer
• It's about riding optimized gear combinations that improve efficiency and durability
• It's all about performance Dyna-Sys offers a more stable drivetrain for any type of rider!
A wider-range 11-36T 10-speed HG cassette means riders can spend more time in their Primary Driving Gear—the 32-tooth ring. Traditionally, triple-ring riders have had to get used to making two to three recovery shifts in the back every time they drop into the 22T granny. With DYNA-SYS, it’s just one recovery shift, and it’s needed less often. Shifting is smoother and faster thanks to CloseStep gear ratios—42-32-24. Getting from the 24-tooth ring back into the Primary Driving Gear—the middle ring—is easier and more intuitive. And a more manageable 42-tooth big-ring is also easier to get into, which means riders will use it more. DYNA-SYS technology makes the shifting transitions seamless, enabling riders to deliver consistent, efficient power while maintaining traction and momentum.
When pedaling in steep climbing sections...
Combining wider gear ratios with the CloseStep chainring minimizes cadence change and pedaling loss, making power transfer more efficient.
An asymmetrical mountain bike-specific chain means smoother shifts, lighter weight, and better overall system performance. CloseStep gear ratios mean smaller jumps between gears, more efficient chain movement and a reduced chance of dropping a chain while shifting in rough conditions.
The more efficiently redesigned cable routing and shorter rear derailleur housing helps make the system less prone to contamination, trail chatter or suspension movement. The Compact Cage rear derailleur and a smaller big-ring allow for fewer chain links, which translates to a quieter, more stable transmission. The Long-Arm rear derailleur architecture increases the mechanical advantage for Advanced Light Action shifting.
DYNA-SYS CloseStep gears are based on the 32T middle chainring, helping make overall power transfer more efficient
- The 32T is the most effective and most often used chainring in off-road riding.
- DYNA-SYS Technology minimizes the variation in driving chain position relative to most bikes’ effective main pivot, reducing unwanted influence on suspension performance.
Pivot Position Minimized