Shimano Limited Warranty
(for EMEA and Russia)
This warranty covers bicycle products manufactured by or for Shimano Europe B.V., High Tech Campus 92, 5656 AG Eindhoven, the Netherlands (the "Shimano Products").
Shimano warrants that the Shimano Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal conditions and reasonable use:
- for two years for all Shimano Products excluding Dura-Ace and XTR branded products;
- for three years for Dura-Ace and XTR branded products only;
- from the date of original retail purchase.
This warranty does not cover:
- the Shimano Product if it has been modified or repaired by a person other than an authorized Shimano dealer;
- the Shimano Product if it has been used for rental or commercial purposes;
- the Shimano Product if Shimano's mark or serial number has been defaced or removed from the Products;
- damage resulting from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification or other abnormal, excessive or improper use;
- damage occurring during shipment of the Shimano Product;
- products that are not manufactured by or for Shimano (whether or not packaged or sold with the Shimano Product at the time of purchase); and
- damage resulting from use of products which are defective or incompatible with the Shimano Product;
- damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including but not limited to damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the Shimano Product.
This warranty expressly provides for the repair or replacement of a defective Shimano Product and is the sole remedy of the warranty. Any and all other remedies and damage that may otherwise be applicable are excluded, including but not limited to, incidental and consequential damages.
To make a valid claim under this warranty, please return the Shimano Product to an authorized Shimano dealer, preferably the dealer it was purchased from, together with the original, dated invoice or receipt.
If, having inspected the Shimano Product, Shimano accepts that the Shimano Product is defective, Shimano will (in its sole discretion) either repair or replace the Shimano Product without charge.
This warranty only applies in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia. This warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country or state in which the Shimano Product was purchased. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and those rights may vary from country to country, or state to state. Ask your dealer for details of any warranty terms that apply specifically to the country where you purchased your Shimano Product.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Shimano reserves the right to revise this limited warranty without notice.